University of Minnesota
Folwell Hall is a historic icon on the University of Minnesota’s Minneapolis Campus. The original building was constructed between the years of 1905 and 1907. Folwell Hall encompasses approximately 127,000 sq.ft.
Photo by Bergerson Photography
The building is three stories high. The exterior consists of brick veneer with a cut granite foundation and basement. Pavillions project at the east and west ends and central entry.
Folwell Hall is named after William Watts Folwell, first President of the University of Minnesota and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 2008, RSI provided roofing and waterproofing design, specification preparation, and construction administration services for the exterior stabilization of this historic building. Work included removal and replacement of the historic clay tile steep slope roofs, replacement of low slope gravel surfaced built-up roofs, sheet metal cladding of gutters, and foundation and tunnel waterproofing.